F1040EZ-510 Claimed as dependent

 Unfortunately, your e-file was rejected by the IRS because you were claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return (such as your parents or guardian) this year and did not indicate this in your personal info.

What you can do to fix this rejection

First, indicate your dependent status

If someone else has claimed you as a dependent on their tax return, you can indicate as such using in the tax software you are using to prepare your return, then retransmit it to the IRS. 

Other Options

If you are certain that no one can claim you as a dependent, you'll need to file a paper return. Most tax software gives you the option to print and file by mail. 

If you have not filed your taxes yet and are shopping for tax software, we recommend TaxAct.