Common IRS e-file Reject Codes
Get help with your IRS e-file rejection
Rejections are no fun for anyone. These guides will tell you what to do to fix the error and get your tax return accepted by the IRS.
If you have not filed your taxes yet and are shopping for tax software, we recommend TaxAct.
- R0000-500-01: The primary taxpayer's social security number or name does not match
- R0000-503-01: The secondary taxpayer's social security number or name does not match
- F1040EZ-510: You were claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return
- R0000-902-01: Your social security number has already been used to e-file this year
- IND-031-01: 'PrimaryElectronicFilingPIN' does not match the records in the IRS e-File database