Common Form Scholarship
Update 6/29/15: We're thrilled to announce the winner of our first annual scholarship - Nicholas Gallardo! Nicholas has a 3.58 GPA at St. Mary's College of California.
Common Form is thrilled to announce that we're offering a scholarship to one of the top finance or accounting students in the country! We're excited to give back in this small way, and of course as a tax software company we have a vested interested in helping future finance professionals maximize their potential and join this extremely important industry.
We're particularly interested in helping those that help others, so in addition to academic excellence the ideal candidate has a passion for community service and track record of volunteering. Please see below for details and apply for the scholarship!
Am I eligible?
You're eligible to apply if:
- You are a full-time student enrolled in a two year, four year, or graduate program.
- Your major is Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Your GPA is 3.2 or above
- You've volunteered at a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization at least once in the past calendar year
- You know the difference between a 1040EZ and a 1040 Long Form.
How do I apply?
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your college transcript
- A copy of your resume or link to your online portfolio
- A few sentences describing the most satisfying volunteer experience you've had, and why
- An essay (600 - 800 words) describing why you chose your major and how you will use your talents to better your community through increased financial literacy and community service
What are the specifics?
- The application period is open from January 1, 2015 to May 30, 2015
- We'll announce the winner by July 1, 2015
- The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship that they can use on any qualified education expense